Process on Becoming a Substitute in the Barnegat Township School District
- Please visit our main page, and scroll down to "Substitute Employment Opportunities."
- Once you've clicked that link, you will be redirected to a Google Form.
- Please complete the form. All the information will be sent and viewed by Mrs. Bach, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent.
- You will be contacted by one of our schools to schedule an interview.
- After conducting your interview, if you have been recommended for employment, you will be handed a substitute packet to complete and then return to Mrs. Bach (550 Barnegat Boulevard).
- If applying for a teacher or nurse position, an additional step after submitting your paperwork may include obtaining a Substitute Credential Certificate if you do not already have one.
- Every applicant must be Board approved.
- After you have been Board approved, you will be contacted by a school to "shadow" for a day in the position you have applied for.
- After you have completed shadowing, you will receive an email from AESOP on how to accept position. This will usually occur within 48-72 hours.